EPCAF is a network of international scholars committed to the study of visual arts in Europe after 1945. By exchanging information and ideas across the Atlantic, we are advancing the field, as well as expanding our knowledge and understanding of the history of art and criticism, and its different national methodologies. The forum has two components: a group discussion that allows us to share research projects and other information, and a website (epcaf.org), where the information is archived and made searchable.
In order to advance scholarship in the field, EPCAF is building a database of resources, produces and distributes a monthly Circulaire, organizes panels, and supports publications.
Membership in EPCAF consists of those holding a common interest in its goals and endeavors. Active or voting members are those who have formally requested to be included in the network. Membership is open to art historians, curators, critics, artists, and anyone interested, be they undergraduate, graduate, or established scholars.
There will be an annual administrative meeting of the Forum. Scholarly meetings will be held in conjunction with the annual SECAC conference in the fall, CAA conference in the winter, and the Festival de l’histoire de l’art in Fontainebleau in spring. Additional meetings might be held throughout the year and in different countries. A quorum shall consist of those present at the administrative meeting.
• The President serves a 4-year term. At that point, the membership is polled for nominations to this position. Voting takes place anonymously through electronic and written communication.
• All EPCAF members are eligible to serve as President.
• The President manages and directs the Forum, takes care of administrative tasks as they arise, and oversees and distributes the monthly EPCAF Circulaire.
• The President represents EPCAF nationally and internationally.
B_ Director of Research:
• The Director of Research serves a 4-year term. At that point, the membership is polled for nominations to this position. Voting takes place anonymously through electronic and written communication.
• All EPCAF members are eligible to serve as Director of Research.
• The Director of Research coordinates the publications, panels, conferences, and other scholarly events organized or sponsored by EPCAF.
• The chief role of the Director of Research is to shape the long term vision of EPCAF scholarship.
• EPCAF has 4 to 6 Counselors at all times, fairly representing the entire field from graduate students to professors.
• Counselors are nominated by the President and Director of Research and serve 2-year terms.
• Counselors help the President to represent EPCAF nationally and internationally, and advise the Director of Research in the scholarly direction of the Forum.
AMMENDMENT OF BY-LAWS
The By-Laws may be amended by any member of EPCAF through petition to a Counselor and approval by two-thirds of the voting membership. Proposed changes or amendments shall be distributed to members no later than one month before consideration of the proposed change.
All matters not covered by these By-Laws shall be governed by vote of the membership at the annual administrative meeting.